Students from underdeveloped nations can apply for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship (ESED) program to study for a postgraduate degree in sustainable energy. The goal of the scholarships is to develop the next generation of experts in the energy, environment, and power sectors who are equipped to face the problems of the future.
The fellowship is funded by a special CEO-led partnership of top international electrical firms that supports electrification and the growth of renewable energy sources. Students from underdeveloped nations are urged to use this exceptional chance to further their careers.
To be eligible for the 2023/24 Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development.
- Applicants must be full-time students undertaking masters studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy and other relevant fields.
- Applicants must possess relevant bachelor’s degree that will enable them gain admission to study sustainable energy development related course.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the scholarship programme.
- Applicants must provide relevant supporting documents such as copies of their academic transcripts, degree certificates and reference letters as required during the application process.
To apply for the for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship 2023-2024, applicants should proceed to the online application portal. Applicants are to ensure that they have all the required information and documents on hand to complete their applications as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Program outline
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses you will be taking for your master’s program. You may alternatively share the URL of a webpage detailing your program of choice.
- All previous university transcript(s)
- Two reference letters or forms.