Nominations for the Daily Trust African of the Year Award 2023 are now open. The African of the Year award project was initiated in 2008 to recognise and reward, annually, an exemplary African who has made extra-ordinary contribution to human development in any part of the continent, and in any sphere of human endeavor. Africans who have distinguished themselves in their various walks of life or do charity projects in their immediate communities that are of positive impact to the people.
The award is promoted by Daily Trust, one of Nigeria’s leading independent newspaper, in fulfillment of the newspaper’s commitment to African unity and sustainable development across the continent.
- The award consists of three components, namely, a permanent plaque, a certificate of merit and a cash reward in aid of the awardee or his/her chosen charity project.
- Only Citizens of African Countries are eligible for nomination.
- The nominee’s activities for which s/he is nominated must be exemplary and significant to African.
- The contributions can be in any sphere of human endeavors but should be on impact across African boarders.
- The nomination should be based on actions, events or works that have taken place between October 1, 2022 and September 30, 2023.
Nomination must be submitted before or at midnight October 16, 2023, else it becomes invalid.