Applications for the Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship in the ethical creation of novel data-driven technologies for Smart Cities are now being accepted from adequately qualified graduate students. This fellowship is open to international students and is completely sponsored.
The Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which offers help with top-notch training and career development activities, is open to all researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor level).
The study will blend methods from the humanities and social sciences with knowledge from computer science and engineering, using a practice-based approach. The goal is to pinpoint specific actions that may be taken to enhance ethics-in-practice in the context of smart city and AI development.
Technical, interpersonal, and professional abilities will all be covered in the thorough research training that the chosen applicant will undergo.
To be eligible for Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2:1 first degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent with a minimum 60% overall module average.
- Applicants must have the potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a 3.5 years
- Applicants must have a minimum of English language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
Interested applicants for the scholarship are to complete an online application. All applications require full supporting documentation, and a covering letter. For pre-determined (named) projects, an up-to 2000-word supporting statement is required showing how the applicant’s expertise and interests are relevant to the project.