The Impact Lab will bring together creatives working in film, photography and other art forms, selected through an open call, for a two day training and capacity building session where they will learn about how to use their voice, storytelling projects and creative skills to drive social impact, on the climate crisis in the local context through collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
Following the impact lab, selected projects will participate in the Climate Story Lab event in October with the intention of sparking collaboration between the storytellers and invited partners that range from civil society, policy makers, academia, researchers, journalists, community activists and community organizers.
- Learn about using your creativity and the power of storytelling for impact.
- Learn about the climate crisis in the local context and how to use your voice to address it.
- Network with a cross section of industry professionals in the climate sector.
- Join a community of creative storytellers.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a national of any West African country.
- Submit a project that is in production, post-production or distribution and outreach stages.
- Must be a rightful author or co-author of submitted project
- Be emerging or established creative practitioners using or interested in using storytelling to talk about climate change.
- Commit to attend all components of the Climate Story Lab Lag