In certain sectors connected to urban sustainability, the City of Cape Town is offering full-time graduate internships. Each internship lasts for a full year.
The internship is a unique chance for you to advance your knowledge in crucial City operating areas and earn relevant experience.
As an intern, you will get mentoring from a manager in the appropriate City department and have the option to participate in required training seminars and interventions as needed.
Applicants are required to be recent graduates of a tertiary institution, with a recognised degree or national diploma in a related field. Specific qualifications will be listed in the advertised post.
You are also required to have the following:
- A valid driver’s licence for selected posts
- Good planning, administration, writing, analytical and oral communication skills
- Literacy in computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to work independently, within a team and under pressure
You must not be enrolled for further studies that coincide with the internship period.
- The City of Cape Town offers a minimum stipend of R49,08 per hour, based on a 40-hour (5-day) week, as well as limited employment benefits such as paid annual leave, sick leave and training.
As an intern, you will work in one of the following sections/branches:
- Urban design, spatial planning, development implementation, architecture or landscape architecture – Urban Planning and Design Department
- Strategic policy, organisational research, research analytics, economic analysis (Policy and Strategy Department)
The following positions are available:
- Spatial Planning Assistant
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Assistant
- Climate change Mitigation and Reporting Assistant
- Landscape Architect Assistant
You will need to include the following in your application:
- A cover letter (maximum one page)
- A brief CV (maximum two pages) that contains the contact details of two referees
- A recent certified copy of your identity document
- A recent certified copy of your academic transcript from your tertiary institution