To participate in one of their interdisciplinary research programs that tackle some of the most significant issues confronting science and mankind, CIFAR invites extraordinary early-career researchers from the scientific, biological, social, and humanities fields.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program helps the next generation of research leaders develop more quickly and places them in a better position to have a greater influence both within and outside of academia.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars programme includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – an interdisciplinary network of fellows.
- Strengthening leadership and communication skills.
- Increasing impact within and outside of academia.
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research programme, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support.
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research programme.
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines.
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- Must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research programme.
- Have a valid passport, and if required, be able to obtain travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings around the world (2-3 times per year).
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
They invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programmes: