The CAREC Award for Advancing Gender Equality 2023 is now accepting nominations. The CAREC Award for Advancing Gender Equality seeks to honor organizations in the CAREC member nations of Azerbaijan, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan for their work promoting gender equality, equal rights, and opportunities in people’s daily lives, at work, and in their communities.
The recipients will act as role models and encourage others to advocate gender equality.
Awardees will receive the following benefits:
- Participate in the CAREC Women’s Business Forum (WBF) in Georgia in November 2023 and the Award ceremony to be held on the margins of the CAREC Ministerial Conference.
- Engage in a range of CAREC-organized gender events that will provide awardees with networking opportunities and a chance to learn through peer-to-peer exchange of best practices.
- Access to CAREC leadership coaching and mentorship programs.
- Membership to the CAREC Women in Business Online Platform for networking and showcasing opportunities.
- Be resident nationals of a CAREC member country (Azerbaijan, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan), or organizations operating in at least one of the listed CAREC member countries;
- Be individuals (women or men) or organizations with demonstrated commitment and active role in promoting gender equality and equal rights and opportunities through professional and/or voluntary work.
A jury will select women, men, and organizations whose actions and advocacy bring positive change and demonstrate social impact through gender-responsive practices in the workplace and communities. Examples include but are not limited to:
- More diverse and inclusive representation and participation in decision-making at work and community;
- Greater share of women in leadership positions;
- Improved access to decent jobs and other economic opportunities, especially for the disadvantaged and vulnerable groups of rural women and women from remote areas;
- More equal and just distribution of household chores.
Preference will be given to nominees whose projects or businesses operate in more than one CAREC member country, facilitating collaboration of institutions and individuals between/among countries to implement gender equality initiatives.
- Step 1: Prepare the individual nominee’s CV or organization’s profile
- Step 2: Answer the nomination form in the language you prefer:
- You can nominate yourself or your own organisation in:
- You can nominate another individual or organization: