Undergraduate candidates who meet the requirements and want to enroll in a degree program at the University are presently invited to submit applications to the Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program for International candidates.
A Trustee Scholarship is a four-year renewable award that pays the entire undergraduate tuition as well as the required undergraduate student fees. Competitive candidates who rank among their class’s top achievers and exhibit exemplary involvement in their schools and communities are encouraged to apply.
Every year, BU welcomes approximately 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0 grade point averages in high school and ranked in the top of their class.
In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
To be eligible for Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- International students are considered for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- Applicants must enroll in full-time degree program
- Applicants must be ready to enroll in undergraduate courses in the University
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
- Have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33
To be considered for Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program, applicants should:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application as part of your application to BU.