The Because Accelerator 2024 for Entrepreneurs application is now open. It is a free entrepreneur accelerator program. Building on what we’ve learned from developing The Shoe That Grows, the Because Accelerator is a business accelerator program designed to help entrepreneurs take their innovative products to the next level.
If you have a manufactured product that will improve lives and create local jobs, this is for you.
This free program has 4 primary components:
- TRAINING : A 16-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with our own social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- COACHING : After the first four weeks, select entrepreneurs will be matched with an experienced coach who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- NETWORKING : Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Because Accelerator and the Because Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
- FUNDING : At the end of the cohort, select entrepreneurs will compete in a pitch event for a cash prize. As a result of this competition, we’ve linked entrepreneurs to over $100k in funding.
Drawing from what they have learned in bringing their own manufactured product—The Shoe That Grows—to market, the Because Accelerator is a business accelerator designed for entrepreneurs in the early- to middle-stages of product development. The startup accelerator program is uniquely focused on increasing your revenue growth trajectory during the cohort and creating a plan for sustained growth beyond. The trainings cover the following concepts:
Developing a marketing and sales plan
Revenue ops and pricing strategy
Customer service and retention
Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
- Anyone with a socially innovative product is encouraged to apply for our business accelerator.
- They do not work with entrepreneurs in the restaurant, entertainment, education, software, food or service industries.