Applications are being accepted from adequately qualified individuals for the Australia Awards Fellowships 2024, a flagship program funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The Awards Fellowships aim to enhance ties between Australian and other partner organizations in order to establish networks of influence and leadership. It also offers short-term study, research, and professional development opportunities in Australia.
- Return air travel and relevant in-Australia travel
- Training costs
- Accommodation and living expenses
- Medical insurance costs when in Australia (for Fellowship holder only)
- Special assistance for people with disability
- Program overhead fee.
To participate in the Australia Awards Fellowships, the nominating Australian organisations must ensure that all nominated Fellows meet the following general eligibility requirements: requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Fellowship
- Not be a permanent resident or be applying for permanent residency in Australia or partner of someone who is
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Not be current serving military personnel
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for (DFAT sponsored) student visas subclass 500
- Be able to participate in the Fellowship.
- Be able to travel without family members as DFAT will only fund and provide visa support letters for individual Fellows, not their family members
- Fellows with a disability that requires assistance must travel with a carer
Interested applicants for the Australia Awards Fellowships 2024 are to complete an online application to be submitted via Smartygrants. Applications are to be submitted on or before the application deadline as late or incomplete applications will not be accepted for assessment.