The AUDA-NEPAD Home Grown Solutions Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience 2023 is currently accepting applications. In accordance with the goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063, the Home Grown Solutions (HGS) Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience program seeks to increase the pandemic resilience of the continent by accelerating the growth of African healthcare businesses.
This is accomplished by providing practical and specialized support to healthcare firms in the development and mature stages. The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the official development aid organization of the Government of Japan, and the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) launched the Accelerator program.
They will work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to design and deliver a customized, five-month
acceleration roadmap in 2023, to support your company’s specific growth needs across three key areas:
- Context Specific advisory: They have a team of world class consultants to diagnose your
business needs and deliver tailor-made business advisory services
- Investment Readiness Support: They help you be better prepared for fund raising
including business model validation, pitch preparation and linking you to capital needed to
- Matching to Strategic Partners: They will leverage their network and introduce you to
leading organizations to grow your business through partnership
As part of the third cohort, you will receive this unique offering for your business while shaping this
Acceleration programme for fellow African businesses in the future. After this period and as a future
alumnus of the Accelerator, you will continue to have access to a unique and growing network of peers,
advisors, mentors, and potential partners.
You can apply if:
- You are a growth or mature stage company, meaning you must:
- Be registered as a for-profit entity
- Demonstrate clear market traction and sizable customer base
- Express ambition and potential to scale beyond your current size
- You strengthen Africa’s health system, for example:
You manufacture medical consumables or devices on the continent
- You provide healthcare services to patients, be it diagnostic, treatment or
- You provide technology solutions to strengthen health access or delivery
You can be described as a Home Grown Solution, meaning you must:
- Operate mainly or solely in Africa (preference for companies operating across
- Employ mostly local staff in the markets in which you are active
- Have strong African representation in your leadership
Before proceeding with the application process, have prepared PDF’s (max 5MB) that describe the
qualifications of your company founders and leadership team as well as any pitch deck or company
description document you would like to share.