The Studentships are for three years of full-time study starting in September 2023.
Researchers from the Aston Business School (ABS), Aston Law School (ALS), and the School of Social Sciences and Humanities are brought together by the College of Business and Social Sciences (BSS), a multidisciplinary research-focused college (SSH).
We are providing up to six fully supported PhD studentships at the Aston University College of Business and Social Sciences (BSS) because we are committed to finding new methods to improve our research environment, particularly our postgraduate student offerings.
The successful candidate will receive a maintenance grant at the regular UKRI rate (£17,668 per year in 2022–23), with the equivalent standard increments in following years, to pay tuition costs at either the Home or Overseas rate.
To be eligible for Aston University BSS PhD Studentships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must have a first class or upper second-class honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area.
- They should have, or be near to completing, a postgraduate qualification such as a Masters or equivalent.
- An overall merit grade with merit in the dissertation is normally required.
To apply for Aston University BSS PhD Studentships, Applications require the following two components:
- Submit an application to the relevant research degree programme. Further information is available via the following pages:
- PhD – Aston Business School
- PhD – Aston Law School
- PhD – School of Social Sciences and Humanities
You do not need to hold an offer from Aston to be eligible for the studentship competition, but you must have submitted an application by the deadline.
- Complete the BSS PhD Studentship application form