The Climate Story Fund 2023 is now accepting applications. The Climate Story Fund encourages captivating storytelling and global impact initiatives that advance a fair and biodiverse future.
The Climate Story Fund gives priority to climate stories that put the underserved, the disengaged, and the most impacted people at the center of the narrative. The Fund also gives priority to storytellers who are active in and from those areas and who share experiences that have a profound impact on unfamiliar and disinterested audiences, therefore engaging people in important discussions about climate justice.
The fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $50,000 to $100,000 per
Eligible for funding are:
- Projects from all over the world, these can be localised stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience;
- Projects from both new and established artists;
- Creative nonfiction projects, including long form, shorts or episodic documentaries as well
as podcasts and radio documentaries in production;
- Completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact
- All projects must be climate themed with an intention to implement an impact campaign.
- The organisers do not need you to be an impact expert but open to the idea.
- To qualify for production funding, projects must complete production in 2023.
- To qualify for impact funding, projects must pilot an impact campaign in 2023.
- As part of the grant making for this fund, organisers require all grantees to attend an Impact
- Lab to connect with impact producers and climate experts, to help develop impact strategies
and to craft impact campaigns that are built upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to
engage their intended audiences. Project teams must be able to attend the virtual Impact
- Lab during the week of 5-9 June 2023.
Call for applications closes at 11:59 PM PST on February 1, 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted
to supply rough cuts (if ready) and extended materials by March 2023.