AnitaB.org developed the Systers Pass It On Awards Program to assist women technologists in creating a community that encourages the progress of women in computing. The initiative grants financing to women who are already involved in or intend to engage in computing-related projects that inspire and aid women all around the world through a cash award. The awardees are urged to “pass on” the information and advantages they acquire, therefore building a network of women who assist one another.
This year’s PIO Award, which includes a $1,000 award and a ticket to the 2023 Grace Hopper Celebration, reflects AnitaB.org’s dedication to fostering diversity and equitable opportunity.
- The award is available to any woman over the age of 18, though she must be in or aspiring to be in the computing field.
- They encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including but not limited to:
- `Assistance with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing
- Create a Sessionboard account. Sessionboard is separate from other AnitaB.org or GHC accounts. The email used to create the account will receive confirmation messages and status notifications.
- Submissions are not saved automatically. We encourage submitters to draft their responses in a separate document, then paste them into Sessionboard when finalized. Move forward through the form and click the complete button to save and submit. You have the option to upload additional documents after submitting if needed such as a referral letter or budget spreadsheets, etc.
- Submissions can be edited via the Sessionboard portal until the deadline, Monday, June 5th, 11:59 pm Pacific Time. The portal link can be found in your session confirmation email message.
- Confirmation messages, status notifications, and communications will come from “Grace Hopper Celebration 2023 <firstname.lastname@example.org>.”