This fully funded training program is an initiative of the African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHer which aims to provide gender-responsive and cutting-edge curricula that can enhance the skills and capacities of African people in the areas of STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship, as well as build the capacity of teachers to teach these subjects effectively.
The training takes place under the theme, “#AfricaEducatesHer – Digital Skills for All: Bridging the Gender Gap in STEAM, Financial Literacy, and Entrepreneurship.” The pilot phase of the Online Youth Capacity Building Training Program (OYCBT) ended in June 2023 and the next phase begins in August and will run till December. It is open to all who wish to upskill their capacities in Digital skills, Entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
It is a one-month intensive training programme featuring:
- Digital literacy – 2 weeks
- Entrepreneurship – 1 week
- Financial literacy – 1 week
You can choose one or two of these courses to undergo. However, interested participants are strongly advised to apply for all three courses.
- Gain knowledge in Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills and Financial Literacy.
- Get a Certificate in each program: Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills and Financial Literacy (participants need to attend at least 60% of the training courses per program to be eligible for certificates).
- Be part of African Union CIEFFA network and ImpactHER network.
- Increase your chances to be invited for fully-funded in-person activities by the African Union CIEFFA.
- Fully-funded online training sponsored by ImpactHER
- Applicant should be an African woman or man;
- Be able to demonstrate the motivation to learn about: digital skills, entrepreneurial skills and financial literacy;
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, aspirations and a commitment to the promotion of girls and women’s education;
- Have access to good internet connection and a device (laptop, computer, smartphone or tablet);
- Have a clear understanding of one of the training’s languages; English, French or Portuguese;
- Hold an African citizenship residing on the continent or anywhere in the world.
The application deadline is July 23, 2023. The programme will begin in August 2023.