The Africa Energy Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders is an education venture designed to invest into the next generation energy leaders who will deliver a sustainable access to energy and ultimately a zero carbon Africa.
The ambition of the Program is to train recent graduates of Physics, Electricial and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building / Construction Engineering, Physics, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance and Solar Energy on core aspects of Renewable Energy Technology and opportunities for career advancement in the energy value chain.
The goal is to churn out competent workforce for the renewable energy industry and build entrepreneurs who will advance access to clean energy to 600 Million in Africa without Access and retain young African talent in a crucial sector like renewable energy, of paramount importance to unlock Africa’s sustainable future. The program offers the knowledge of international experts on four groups of renewable energy technologies:
- Solar PV
- Onshore Wind
with the following focal areas:
The Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders (AFYEL) is an education venture initiated by The Renewable Energy Technology Training Institute in Partnership with RETTI Virtual University, government agencies, top Academic institutions and private sector companies.
The Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders is an unapparelled opportunity to:
- Participate in a 6-month professional training program in renewable energy technologies such as-small-scale Hydro, Wind Power, Bioenergy. and Solar Power taught by globally acclaimed experts.
- Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
- Benefit from a one-month internship.
- Gain opportunity and mentorship to design a capstone project to propose a solution to a local energy problem.
- Attend a virtual summit with other young energy leaders an opportunity to interact and network.
- Meet and network with top industry and business leaders who are serving as instructors
- Receive access to opportunity to pitch business idea.
- Strengthen your work through new connections. skills and ideas.
- Opportunities for networking in the energy transition market.
- Become part of a skilled, competent workforce for the industries of program focus.
- Be better-equipped for employment after fellowship.
- Be the top choice for project partnership, collaborations or employment for Africa projects In partnership with program partners.
- Join a global alumni network of the Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders and work together to seek innovative solutions to common challenges.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 35 years on or before the application deadline:
- Be a graduate, post graduate or have a PhD in Physics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering. Economics, Mathematics, Finance/Accounting. Physics and Solar Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Building and Construction Engineering or related fields:
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic. Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in the core industries of focus
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship as it relates to clean energy.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills; An energetic, positive attitude;
- A demonstrated knowledge of, interest in, and professional experience in the renewable energy, Economics, finance or engineering field.