ABB’s mission is to promote diversity and inclusion across all dimensions, including gender, LGBTQ+ identity, ability, ethnicity, and generational differences. They are starting a path where everyone accepts and values the uniqueness of each individual, both individually and collectively.
As an Engineering & Graduate Trainee, you will be stationed in Longmeadow, South Africa.Young talent is the future, and ABB South Africa is aware of this. As a result, hard work is imputed to find and nurture young talent by creating the finest working and learning environments possible. As a Trainee at ABB South Africa, you will gain practical experience in one of the top engineering, technology, and innovation businesses in the world.
- Hands-on (70%)
- Asking questions (20%)
- Classroom (10%).
For the 2023 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas:
Graduate in Training:
- Corporate Marketing and Communication Function: You will work in a department that does all our corporate branding, communications, and events.
- Supply Chain Management or Logistics: You will work in a department that handles our Transport, Trade, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management,
- Human Resource Management: You will work in a department that does our Employee Life Cycle Management, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll, and Industrial Relations.
- Finance or Accounting: You will work in a department that does our business controlling and Accounts Payables.
- Occupational Health & Safety: You will work in a department the does all our health and safety campaigns and ensuring that ABB is a safe working environment.
- Information Technology or Information Systems: You will work in the IT department and manage the processes from end to end.
Engineer in Training:
- Electrical Engineering: You will get exposure to the Testing of Switchgear on all areas; Primary, Secondary, Modular and commissioning, you will also be exposed to working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgears.
- Mechanical Engineering: You will get exposure to basic design, draughting, electrical and mechanical workings of Electrical Motors.
- Control and Instrumentation: Exposure includes working with Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators. And the Design and Commissioning of Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Industrial Engineering: You will get exposure and learning from our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- Computer Engineering: Exposure across the business to drive the development and promotion of the 4th Industrial Revolution – ABB Ability.
- Engineering Trainee Program Qualification:
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- P1 & P2 electrical
- National diploma in Electrical
- Health & Safety
- BCom/ND logistics
- Information Technology
- BCom Business Administration & Accounting
- Do take note that as part of the program you might be required to travel to customers for sales, service or commissioning work