Applications are being accepted from qualified African students for both undergraduate and master’s degree study programs at the University of Cape Town in South Africa through the 2023–2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, which is sponsored by the University of Cape Town (UCT) and the Mastercard Foundation.
The program is a project that gives young Africans from economically underprivileged places access to high-quality university education.
The University of Cape Town’s Mastercard Foundation Scholarships guarantee a top-notch education that will result in graduates with internationally recognized and locally relevant credentials, and whose transition into the workforce is supported by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The scholarships are renewed each year and cover the whole study duration.
To be considered eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Interested applicants for the University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.